[mythtv-users] How to induce complete amnesia for a series

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Nov 21 16:52:29 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 8:58:28 AM MST Allen Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 7:54 AM John Veness <
>
> John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk> wrote:
> > On 21/11/2018 15:48, Allen Edwards wrote:
> >
> > Why can't you just create a new recording recording profile and set
> > duplicate check method to "none"?  I am looking at Mythweb and that is an
> > option.
> >
> > Allen
> >

> > You *could* do that, but then you would get duplicate recordings going
> > forward. Even if you set it to only check for duplicates in "current
> > recordings only", as soon as you deleted an episode, if it was repeated
> > again it would re-record. Better, if you want to re-record the entire
> > series but only once, to delete the old entries I believe.
> >
> > John
>
> Or, you could  let the new profile run until you got what you want then
> change it to new only and delete any duplicate recordings.  If I were doing
> it, I would also set the profile to a specific channel and time so that I
> would be unlikely to get duplicates.  But depends on what you are targeting
> I guess.
>
> Allen

I saw the MythWeb options but foresaw the problem that John mentioned.

I do have experience using PHPMyAdmin to fiddle some tables, so if I clear
entries from the oldrecorded table that would suffice?

Where is the "new previously recorded screen" that Peter Bennett references?

I really want to make MythTV forget that it has ever recorded any of the
programs in the series (Corner Gas, btw) so that it sees all future programs
in the series as recordable no matter what channel they're on.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca