[mythtv-users] document which tuner used for recording

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:50:00 UTC 2018

On 11/13/18 5:49 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> This is very useful. locate is already install on my Ubuntu 18.04 system and the mlocate daily job already exist. Since I've pushed out the
> running on anacron daily jobs to 5:30 am, then all my recordings can be found this way the next morning. Thanks,

Python bindings work too, like this:

#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

'''
print_inputs.py: Print the inputs used for recordings

Example: print_inputs.py [title (regular expressions work)]
'''

from __future__ import print_function
import re
import sys
from MythTV import exceptions, MythBE

try:
     TITLE = sys.argv[1]
except IndexError:
     TITLE = None

try:
     BACKEND = MythBE()
except exceptions.MythError:
     sys.exit('\nUnable to connect to the backend, aborting.\n')

# pylint: disable=no-value-for-parameter
RECORDINGS = BACKEND.getRecordings()

for RECORDING in RECORDINGS:
     if TITLE and re.search(TITLE, RECORDING.title, re.IGNORECASE) is None:
         continue

     print(u'{:6}  {}  {:12.12}  {}'.format(RECORDING.chanid,
                                            RECORDING.starttime,
                                            RECORDING.inputname,
                                            RECORDING.title))

--