[mythtv-users] Resume recording if network resets?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Nov 14 08:52:58 UTC 2018

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:19:34 -0500, you wrote:

>I now have moved my system to only HDHomerun tuners.  If I have to
>reboot the network and there is a recording going on - the recording
>ends and never resumes.  I’m on myth 29.  If I recall with other setups
>I had if I had a blip, a second recording would be made when everything
>resumed.  Is there an option to do this?  Or would I have to restart the
>backend service to trigger this?

You can manually stop and restart a recording from the Upcoming
Recordings screen.  If you restart mythbackend, it should restart the
recordings also.  But in any case, you will get two separate
recordings.  If you have +1 channels (one hour later) as we do for the
main channels here in New Zealand, you can get it to re-record the
full programme from the +1 channel by using the O command on a
recording and adding an override rule if necessary.