[mythtv-users] setting up specific channels to only use a specific tuner??

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:03:48 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 9:40 AM Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a new situation where channel 11-1 has huge issues with my new
> HDHR Quatro. Signal Strength is 100% but Quality and Symbols go to 0
> very 4-5 seconds.  However on my HDHR Duo none of this happens.  So
> until I can get Silicondust to help resolve this, I need to set all
> recording on Channel 11-1 to only use the Duo.
>
> I see the record scheduling option of preferred input.  Is that the
> correct way?
>
> Jim A

The easiest way is to set a "Custom Priority" for the desired combination:

Setup -> Video -> Recording Priorities -> Custom Priority
Rule Name:  "11-1"
Priority Change:  +50
Use the "Avoid poor signal quality" sample rule and modify as appropriate.

Alternatively, If you happened to set the display name of your capture
cards to indicate which HDHR they are, for example:
Quatro1, Quatro2, Quatro3, Quatro4, Duo1, Duo2

Then you could use a rule like:
capturecard.displayname LIKE 'Duo%' and channel.channum="11-1"

John