[mythtv-users] setting up specific channels to only use a specific tuner??

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:06:20 UTC 2018

On 11/11/18 11:40 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> I see the record scheduling option of preferred input.  Is that the
> correct way?

Perhaps the easiest way to do this is via mythweb.  Go to:
http://HOSTNAME/mythweb/settings/tv

There you'll see your channel lineup, and also which channels appear on
multiple sourceids.  For any channel that is problematic for a specific
source, just un-check the "visible" column for that sourceid.   Then
click the "Save" button at the bottom.   This way, the preference is set
on a per-tuner basis as opposed to per-recording, since the problem is
channel-/tuner-wide.

At least in my case the sourceid of 1 is the first tuner I ever set up,
and my sourceid of 2 is the second tuner added.   I suspect your setup
should be similar.

-WD