[mythtv-users] mythtv-frontend format issue

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 19:28:28 UTC 2018

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 2:49 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could this be an issue with XMLTV JSON not updating the subscription expiration date in the database???

There is no XMLTV protocol for sending that information
to mythtv (mythfilldatabase).  You could consider proposing
a change in the xmltv dtd to that org to add in such
additional information, possibly as an optional additional
attribute to the tv root.  Some grabbers may display the
date of their service expiration when run manually, but
as I recall mythfilldatabase calls grabbers with the --quiet
option, so even those would not typically provide that info
for mythfilldatabase to display in its logs.

In any case Schedules Direct will send you an email about
renewing (about a month before expiration), so one should
get some notice. And to do things right, it should be noted
that every guide source can have a different subscription
expiration date, so such information should be stored per
source, not just one globally, which is all as likely as not a
legacy of the entire zap2it/datadirect/schedulesdirect
design (it was all so much simpler back in the earlier days?).