[mythtv-users] I broke my mythTV, help!

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 17:35:42 UTC 2018

I deleted the backend log to get rid of old data, and make sure only data from after the update was recorded. It has not been
re-created.
If I run in a terminal, mythbackend runs fine, and all the data that should appear in the log shows up in the terminal window.
This unfortunately gives me no clue why it is not running like it used to.

When I copied the data over, I did a rsync -a which should have kept all of the users, groups, and permissions the same.

I just did a ls /home and found this:
drwxr-xr-x  6 hplip  nvidia-persistenced 4096 Jul  5  2014 mythtv

This did not make sense to me, so I changed it to this:
drwxr-xr-x  6 mythtv mythtv 4096 Jul  5  2014 mythtv

It did not help.