[mythtv-users] Recordings problems after FCC bandwidth grab

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 5 16:53:37 UTC 2018

On 11/05/2018 08:55 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> On 11/5/18 7:43 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 11/05/2018 07:34 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>>> Is there a way to know if the local TV stations are doing this
>>> change to OTA channels? I remember several years ago they had PSA
>>> commercials to remind everyone to rescan their TVs to pick up the
>>> changes.  That was before I built my latest mythtv.
>>
>> Schedule is at
>>
>> https://www.fcc.gov/about-fcc/fcc-initiatives/incentive-auctions/transition-schedule
>>

>> Find your region at
>>
>> https://www.fcc.gov/about-fcc/fcc-initiatives/incentive-auctions/transition-schedule#regions
>>

>> and it will tell you which phase your stations will use for transition.
>>
>> Mike
>> ______
>
> Good information.  Now that I know my testing period in 8-2019 till
> 9-2019. I should be able to at least come up with a plan.
>
> I use tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite to grab my EPG data from SchedulesDirect.
>
> So I'd guess that when I'm told the channels change I can do the
> following:
>
>  1. delete all tuners, video sources, and input connections.

If you're not changing your tuner devices or drivers, you don't need to
delete the tuners.  If you delete all the Video Sources, all the Input
Connections (which are connecting Video Sources to Tuners) will be
deleted.  So really for channel-only changes, Delete All Video Sources
should be all you need to do.

>     2. setup HDHR Quatro tuners again

Probably not required, as above.

>     3. external to mythtv-setup, I can follow the XMLTV/mythtv wiki
>     and initialize the XMLTV stuff like it's a new build
>     4. Setup video sources like a new build
>     5. setup input connections like a new build and scan the first
>     tuner for channels
>     6. edit channels I don't want to see in the guide

And, yes, all these are good.

Mike