[mythtv-users] I broke my mythTV, help!

Richard Lane lists at timeforabrew.com
Mon Nov 5 06:49:25 UTC 2018

If your system uses systemd, a good start would be: sudo systemctl status mythbackend And: sudo journalctl -u mythbackend --since="yesterday" ---- On Mon, 05 Nov 2018 05:59:37 +0000 Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote ---- I was running a raid 1 pair of disks soft linked to my home directory, and to the mythtv home directory, but I was running out of space. I bought a new pair of larger drives, created a new mirror, copied the data from my old mirror and changed the soft links to the new drive. Most stuff worked fine, but I found that Firefox had used paths to its directories which broke since the new absolute path though the mount point to the files was different from the old one, but I was able to fix this. MythTV is doing something different. It won't run on boot like it used to, and I can't get it to start by using the mythbackend setup tool, but it will run if I start it from the command line. If I try and start in from mythbackend setup, it does not write to the mythbackend log. I'm guessing somehow that the ownership of a directory somehow got changed, but as far as I can tell, ownership and permissions are the same as they were. Where should I begin looking? _______________________________________________ mythtv-users mailing list mythtv-users at mythtv.org http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org