[mythtv-users] unexpected behaviour

glen glenb at glenb.us
Mon Nov 5 02:16:00 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-11-04 at 13:25 -0500, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 12:34 PM Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com
> > wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 4, 2018, 8:19 AM Stephen Worthington <
> > stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> > > darylangela at gmail.com>

> > > airing

> > > starting my VPN,

> > > losing the

> > > internal tuner

> > > suggestions?

> > > tuner when

> > > have

> > > could

> > > were on

> > > used for

> > > that

> > > recording,

> > > can go

> > > down if

> > > it is

> > > the

> > > the HDHR

> > > traffic

> > > up so

> > > but you

> > > that are

> > > network. MythTV

> > > inaccessible,

> > > mythbackend to

> > > of code

> > > time the

> > > but as

> > > Only part

> > > do

> > > access

> > > networked

> > > still

> > > the combined

> > > before the HDHR.

> > > replaced

> > > unmounted storage2 of

> > > three failed

> > > simotanious, just

> > > myth/kodi box only

> > > backend and

> > > hdhomerun you can

> > > the ones

> > > mythtv-setup

> > > storage directories

> > > verify the

> > > setup under

> > > has two

> > > share a

> > > will be three

> > > not tune

> > > it starts

> > > additional time

> > > set to start

> > > out on any

> > > place when

> > > stagger them

> > > think I

> > > by SD time,

> > > related to the

> > > been

> > > all, while,

> > > plays great.

> > > suggestions for

> > > new drive

> > > just since I

> > > system

> > > Kodi I see

> > > successfully

> > > to put the

> > > there

> > > and 3

> > > If the drive is on an internal SATA port, there is no way it
> [...]

if you still have the old drive (the one that told your failure
coming), swap it in and see if you get the same the sameerrors in
syslog. if you don't have same errors, then i would suspect something
wrong with the cloning you used. i don't think clonezilla was agood
idea for what you were doing.
if it were me. i would (assuming i had room) temporarily put in old
drive. then put a new table on the new drive, whether gpt orbios type.
then make your partition, format it and use xfs. mount the drive then
add the drive to your storage group in myth-setup. stop backend, copy
all the myth recordingsfrom old drive to new. add new drive to fstab.
remove old drive and remove old drive from storage group and see how
the logs look.
i recently did similar when i changed out two hard drives used just for
myth storage. in myth storage groups as long as the drive is in the
group it does matter where the files are, if they are on any drive in
the group myth will see it. so you don't need to bother with the same
naming and uuids. you just need a line in fstab that is correct.