[mythtv-users] mythtv-backend startup on Ubuntu 16.04 vs. 18.04?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 20:56:02 UTC 2018

on my production system which is on 16.04, anytime I need to did maintenance, I’d just reboot and I’d know that it would come up clean and mythtv-backend would be running.

Right now, if I reboot that system, I have to do ‘sudo systemctl start mythtv-backend’ to get the backend running again.

I’ve been doing some testing on a new test mythtv system and I modified XMLTV by changing the Zipcode that the json grabber was pulling data from. I started this a few days ago and noticed today that the production system has not update the schedules due to an grabber error.

So I reconfigured the XMLTV stuff on the production system and updated the database.  In doing this I do sudo systemctl stop mythtv-backend before I run mythtv-setup and edited the channels.  Since then I’ve had to ‘sudo systemctl start mythtv-backend’ after rebooting

Is this fixable??

I’d like mythtv-backend to start on boot.

Jim Abernathy
jfabernathy at gmail.com