[mythtv-users] Scheduling recordings through command line

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:06:52 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 8:00 AM Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!  I saw a posting here back from 2006 that talked about it.  The
> previous responders mentioned using something called TVWish.  It sounds
> like this is exactly what I'm looking for but it hasn't been updated for
> quite some time and looks like it doesn't work with .27, and I haven't even
> attempted it on .29.
>
> I was wondering if there's a tool out there to be able to search for a
> show/movie and be able to schedule it on the command line.  I think I may
> be able to use the API but I think you have to get the recordid first and
> then schedule it that way.  Just wondering if somebody else has an idea or
> a tool I can use.
>
> Thanks!

For those interested, I think I may had found something.  There was a
python script created that will add a recording from the command line.  It
doesn't allow regex or wildcards but I think it might work out for me.  If
others are interested, here it is...

http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20180507/fc93a97f/attachment.py