[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes on any recording in Fedora 28

Jake mythmail at runbox.com
Thu May 31 10:07:47 UTC 2018

<sorry lost comment history as I stupidly chose digest mode.  I remember
this list being very busy!>

Thank you, Michael, but unfortunately your packages (from the google drive URL) have exactly the same problem on my system.
My family is becoming impatient with waiting to have TV back. :(

Can I help you diagnose it further?

Output from the version you provided below:

I  HouseKeeperTask 'JobQueueRecover' Finished Successfully.
I  Running HouseKeeperTask 'LogClean'.
I  HouseKeeperTask 'LogClean' Finished Successfully.
I  TVRec[1]: TuningFrequency
N  AutoExpire: CalcParams(): Max required Free Space: 202.0 GB w/freq: 14 min
N  ApplyRecordRecGroupChange: LiveTV to LiveTV (2)
E  DTVSigMon[1](/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0): Wrong PMT; pmt->pn(2055) desired(2087)
C  Received Aborted: Code -6, PID 5048, UID 992, Value 0x00000000
systemd[1]: mythbackend.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
systemd[1]: mythbackend.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

Looks to be the same error to my uneducated eye.

Thank you,
Jake