[mythtv-users] ugraded to 0.29, cannot connect to backend

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sun May 27 16:39:15 UTC 2018

On Sun, 27 May 2018 08:28:43 -0600
Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:

> I am at a complete loss as to how I can fix this. Perhaps when I get
> more energy back I will try completely wiping the database, but of
> course that means I would have to recreate all my recording rules and
> I would lose access to stored recordings (I know there is a
> find_orphans script that can help with that part).

Look again at the replies from Peter & Jonatan.

Master/Slave stuff changed in 29. All that matters now is the
MasterServerName setting. If it matches you're the master. If not,
you're a slave and will try to reconnect back to yourself.

It wasn't in the list you posted.

It should be created automatically during the upgrade. It's difficult
to discern why it wasn't. It's also puzzling why the "this server is
master backend" setting is showing checked, if the setting isn't there.

But I bet if you untick that checkbox, then tick it again the setting
will appear and all will be well. If not, insert it manually and get on
with life. It needs to be there.

BTW The protocol errors were/are probably the 29 backend rejecting
connection attempts from your 0.28 frontend. All perfectly normal and
correct.