[mythtv-users] mythshutdown

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Sun May 27 11:51:14 UTC 2018

On 25/05/18 17:27, jksjdevelop wrote:
> FWIW mythshutdown stopped working for me when I upgraded to kernel 4.15
> ubuntu 18.04 from 16.04. The machine would shutdown but fail to reboot.

I'm still on 16.04, which makes me think that something in mythshutdown
has changed, as until a few months ago, it was waking up with no problem.

Indeed, for me, now neither

mythshutdown --setscheduledwakeup

nor

mythshutdown --setwakeup yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss

have the intended effect, despite no error message being given. In both
cases, the alarm date is changed, but the alarm time not.

> sudo rtcwake -v -m no -t $1

Thanks for this.

echo $1 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm

still works for me, as I am still on 16.04, but rtcwake works too, and
as it seems more future-proof, I have switched to this.

What I also find confusing is that the settings can/must be given in two
places, mythtv-setup, and mythwelcome -s, and it is not clear to me what
the differences are and why they are separate.

Regards

Jeff