[mythtv-users] Several backends and passwords

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Wed May 23 17:30:02 UTC 2018

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html#mariadb-replaces-mysql

> > Ok, but what can I do with this information ?
>
> I don't know Klaus. I gave you a lead for further investigation.
>
> Because if my hunch is correct it is entirely normal that you cannot go
> back to Jessie without restoring a database backup.

I deleted with the purge option mysql and mythtv. When I was asked if I want
to delete mysql databases, I answered yes.

I reinstalled everything.

I have a new password in /etc/mythtv/config.xml and I met the same in
~/.mythtv/config.xml.

Access to database ist still refused as before.

So what can I do ?

How to verify password in mysql database ?

Klaus