[mythtv-users] Porting mythtv backend to a LXD container

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Sat May 19 02:27:08 UTC 2018

I have a mysql server running in an LXD container which hosts the mythtv
database. The mythv-backend is itself running on the host. My plan is to
move the backend to a separate LXD container as well.

I setup a new container, and made sure that the tv tuners devices and
'Storage Group directories' are available inside the container. However,
when i run mythtv-setup in the container, the  Capture card list comes
up empty. Also, the 'Storage Groups' come up empty as well. I have a
sneaking suspicion, that since the container has a different ip address
than the host, myth is trying to set up a new profile. Is that correct?

Is there any way i can reuse the old profile with a new ip address?

Thanks