[mythtv-users] Greek Channels Scan

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 12:56:19 UTC 2018

Hi:  I think I have earlier posts but won't include them here.  You
don't say if this is a new problem on a box that worked before.  If it
is you may have been caught by mux restructuring to free more spectrum
for the 'internet of things

I thought I remembered more posts in a thread I mentioned earlier, but I
find it was off-list.  I'll copy what might be useful.   The frequencies
quoted will need to be changed, of course.

>>> Your earlier scan listed frequencies of 474, 666, 506, 498, 554, 578 MHz
>>>
>>> I suggest deleting all channels, and all transports with the transport editor, then defining new transports with those frequencies and scanning 'all known transports'.
>>>
>>> Your device drivers may need other entries on that page; bandwidth, QAM number.., DVB-T/T2 but it might get you started.  Enabling the inter-transport signalling might help too.
>>>
>>> It's always scary to delete 'everything', but otherwise things get confused.
>>>
>> I find it safer to delete all but one known transport, then (i) tick the ignore timeouts box and (ii) tick the scan related transports box (or whatever the wording is). By known transport I mean one that you know is on a transmitter near you and that you can find out the details of.
>>
>> Obviously, after you have done that scan you'll have to check the transports it has found and delete everything you don't want. *then* you should scan again using the "rescan existing transports" option to pull down a clean channel list.
>>
>> In the UK we have a slight wrinkle in that some of our transports are now DVB-T2 instead of DVB-T. Using the above method on a DVB-T tuner will get you all the other DVB-T transports; it will ignore the DVB-T2 ones. Using it on a DVB-T2 tuner should get you everything.
>
> Yes, that's a good plan if you want stuff from just one mast and the inter-transport links are correct.  It looks as if Alain may want a mix of transmitters.
>
> I don't know why the full scan hasn't worked.  I just find it takes a long time and probably pulls in unwanted channels too.  I think the important thing is to fully delete transports that no longer have the correct digital parameters in the database, and I don't know the safest/simplest way to do that.

HTH

John