[mythtv-users] Greek Channels Scan

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 08:04:00 UTC 2018

On 17/05/18 21:45, Κωνσταντίνος Μπεκιάρης wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> i set up myth tv. My card is wintv-hvr-5525 HD of hauppauge. Although in
> cafeine i can scan channels with success and see live tv without
> problem, in myth tv i can not scan channels successfully. The scan
> utility also worked for my card with the attaches channels.conf file.
> Only the myth tv setup can not scan the Greek channels from Digea. Is
> there any way to import the channels.conf file to myth dv or fix the
> problem with mythtv-setup scan?

Hi:  Your post included the results of a channel scan, probably
channels.conf.  I don't know of a working method of importing those into
mythtv, but the 'transport editor' in the channel scanning page of
mythtv-setup allows you to enter most of those values from the keyboard.
  You *may* need only one multiplex  (frequency, bandwidth and
modulation type....) to get things started.

This thread was perhaps similar.  I thought there were more posts at the
end, but I'm not seeing them on this laptop.

http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2018-May/396031.html

John P