[mythtv-users] Fanless Nvidia GT430 or similar?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:14:14 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 12:22 AM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:
> On 05/07/2018 06:19 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 7 May 2018 08:58:06 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>> Or if anyone knows of a source of fanless GT430's?
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>
>> I have not looked at the GT430 specs, but I would think that a fanless
>> GT 1030 would likely be more capable.  It does 4K, as well as all that
>> is needed for MythTV.
>

> I'm not sure what slot you need, I'm using a PCIE16x. Last year I purchased
> a fanless GeForce GT 710 that only needed a single PCIE slot. This card
> cannot do 4K/UHD, but I supported still supported by the closed-source
> NVidia driver. The cost was around $60 US at the time.

Thanks for the responses all!

He opened up the machine and we found out (or he remembered now?) that
he had upgraded the card almost 2yrs ago to a GT730

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-Express-Graphics-ZT-71115-20L/dp/B00NN97MMY

Which besides being fanless, and apparently dying after a couple
years, did work quite well for him. Since he's not at a 4k tv yet
we'll just buy another of the same and hope it lasts a little longer
this time.

Thanks!

--
Steve