[mythtv-users] HDMI

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Mon May 14 13:08:43 UTC 2018

On 11/05/18 09:44, stinga wrote:
> G'day all,
> I have just been forced to upgrade due to a crashed disk and decided
> to make a few changes.
> I have managed to get everything working except audio.
> Previously I had audio over spdif and video over hdmi, this restricted
> the quality and channels I could have (I believe)
> I now have audio and video over hdmi via an amp
> mythtv ---> amp ---> sony tv
> But I only get 2 channels.
> When I select the audio in frontend setup it can see the Sony TV and
> says it has two channels, which correct, but I thought it should see
> the amp which has more.
> Any ideas?

Turns out is was the tv that was causing the issue. I think I had some
sort of remote control enabled, where the TV could control the amp,
turned that off and it seems OK now.

amp was NOT set to pass through which I thought was going to be the
answer as well.

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\