[mythtv-users] tv tuner card for mythtv indian users

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Sat May 12 16:25:59 UTC 2018

On 05/12/2018 01:38 AM, kalim wrote:
> hi I’ve been using mythtv lately ,
> but I could not figure out which tv tuner card would work for indian
> tv channels, (tata sky) is our dth operator .
> I own a laptop as well as desktop ,
> so please suggest which tv tuner card should i buy from Amazon.in
I dont think the set top box has any component output so you will be
limited to using the composite port. The most stable card in my
experience is dual tuner Hauppauge PVR-500 card or cheaper single tuner
PVR-150 card. Unfortunately, these cards are PCI based. There is a more
recent card with PCIe support i.e. HVR-2200.  This card is bit picky on
the motherboard with which it will work.

These cards most likely will not be available on amazon.in, but you may
find them on ebay.co.uk. Be sure to get the PAL version of the card, as
these come in both NTSC and PAL varieties.

Rajil