[mythtv-users] Problems reported with Fedora 28

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Mon May 7 10:48:11 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 4:28 AM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> There have been reports that mythfrontend hangs in Fedora 28 and Tickets
> have been opened with proposed patches.  It seems that gcc8 is testing
> for a vector condition that has not previously caused problems.
>
> The Tickets are #13264 and #13263 - but at present I'm getting a
> perhaps-related failure on Trac:
>
> Something has triggered an error on your website. This is the default
> error page for nginx that is distributed with Fedora. It is located
> /usr/share/nginx/html/50x.html
>
> John P

The web server was working just a couple of days ago.  I grabbed Gary's two
patches and applied both of them.

My HDHomerun Prime was previously crashing mythbackend when a "premium"
channel was tuned.  I recorded a few things since then.

I'm not sure what the second patch fixes exactly but it also applies to
vectors (the one I named mythtv-MythSocket-ResetReal-gcc8.patch).  I'm sure
I would have run into that problem at some point.

Patches attached.

Hope this helps!
Jerry