[mythtv-users] monthly madam checkarray kills recordings

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Mon May 7 00:00:18 UTC 2018

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 7:48 PM scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 4:34 PM, Jerry <mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 7:23 PM scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks Gary.  I still have my old 14.04 system drive mounted.  Before I
>>> sysctl -w dev.raid.speed_limit_max=some_small_number, do you know where I
>>> might be able to find what the max speed limit was under Ubuntu 14.04?
>>>

>> cat /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max
>>
>> should do it :)
>>
>> Right - that would work if I were actually booted under my old system
> (AMD64).   Unfortunately, I've upgraded both hardware (kaby lake) and OS,
> and can no longer boot up with that drive.  With the drive mounted on my
> new system I can inspect and copy files, but /proc is empty.
>
> I sincerely doubt I ever changed that limit under 14.04.  However, I've
> googled around for quite a while and can't seem to find what the default
> was.
>
> So I guess I'll just try a factor of ten: 200,000 -> 20,000 and see what
> happens in June...

Sorry, I misread your email.   I guess you can't check that old value.

Maybe somehow you could with a VM?  Or with chroot and QEMU?
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/292433/chroot-into-a-different-architecture
has a sketchy outline.

I haven't tried this (yet).  I've been tempted to with microSD cards from
my ARM machines though.

FWIW, I have 200,000 on my Fedora 28 system.