[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Quatro: any bandwidth issues?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:23:32 UTC 2018

On 05/03/2018 02:04 AM, glen wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-05-02 at 20:32 -0700, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>> The HDHomeRun Quatro has 4 ATSC tuners, but only a 100Mbit network
>> port. In theory that should be enough, but is it, in practice? Anyone
>> ever run into any network bandwidth issues with the Quatro? Would I
>> be better off getting two dual-tuner models, to spread the load? (the
>> tuner(s) would be connected to a gigabit switch, and the rest of my
>> network is all gigabit)

> i am using the quatro with myth. i did have issues with 4 streams recording at once. i don't think it had to with
> the speed of the port, but maybe more to do with the older protocol used by myth with newer hdhomerun tuners.
> i switched the recorder to this:https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/mythhdhrrecorder  which uses http and also offers
> the benefit of pooling and locking which makes it compatible if you use hdhomerun apps or the dlna (providing of course
> that you have an available tuner). since that change it works really well.

Okay, this peaked my interest.  I am considering getting a HDHR Quatro.
I currently have a HDHR Connect and a PCIe tuner card.  I was hoping it
would be a simple hardware replacement and running Mythtv-setup again.
I'm on v29.1 of mythtv and hope all this is integrated in at this time.

Can someone confirm if the Ubuntu PPA for 29.1 has all this included??

Jim A