[mythtv-users] Complication(s) with display upgrade - need help

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:45:34 UTC 2018

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 3:09 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> You should check that your GPU can actually handle this. As I understand
> it many older cards cannot output HDMI audio over DVI.

Groan.  I got a DVI to HDMI adapter that was listed as supporting audio.  I
tried all the audio settings I could find for the internal video DVI-D
port.  No success.  Tried again with the add-on card I had briefly tried
before.  Still no audio to the TV.  Pulled another front end that had a
Radeon internal video with DVI-D and tried again.  No luck.

Either I need to get a PCI-e card for the latter system or (preferably)
someone can suggest a suitable and economical small form factor system that
I can either drop the current frontend's harddrive into or clone it to
something that will fit in the "new" system.

How about the ASUS Eeebox E410-B0735 Mini PC?  The one I'm looking at has
Celeron N3150 (1.60 GHz), Intel HD Graphics, and an HDMI port.  Too
underpowered?

I'd prefer something a little "future-proof" in that it could be expected
to support 4K video in the future.  Wired ethernet is present, FWIW.

--
Craig.