[mythtv-users] *** mythfrontend is not being removed ***

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:35:07 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Brian J. Murrell
<brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-03-26 at 10:24 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> Hi All
>
> Hi.
>

>> Paul Harrison's April Fool's joke about removing mythfrontend seems
>> have been taken seriously by many folks.
>
> Yeah.  That would be because it's not April 1.  April Fool's jokes are
> only valid on April 1.  Anything else makes the jokester the fool.
>
> I already pointed this out and gave the jokester the opportunity to
> walk it back but it seems to have been continued.
>
> b.

You'd think that after at least five people expressly questioned
whether this was serious or not...clearly stressing out about
it...that someone would have spoken up(?). Who knows. Good news none
the less.

I'm still a bit curious as the the plugin support though...which was
actually the original topic of the other thread. While I don't use
them, I was curious about that in part due to the possibility that it
might remove the dependency on Qtwebkit (which takes me like 5-6 hours
to compile).

Tom