[mythtv-users] EOL for MythArchive, MythZoneminder, MythBrowser and MythMusic Re: linking mythtv with zoneminder live view

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon Mar 26 02:31:46 UTC 2018

On 26 March 2018 at 00:43, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 25/03/18 15:06, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2018-03-25 at 14:48 +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>
>>> So you'll be happy you are getting what you want a stable BE and
>>> Services API
>>>
>> Excellent.
>>
>> and Kodi with all the illegal streaming plugins.
>>>
>> Wow.  That is (almost) defamatory and libelous.
>>
>> Just because I use Kodi by no way or means at all, means that I use any
>> illegal streaming plugins.  If I were using any of those, I wouldn't
>> need MythTV to actually record, from my legal and paid cable
>> subscription, what I want to watch on my Kodi FEs now would I.
>>
>> Kodi is just a better media player than MythFE, IMHO.
>>
>> I believe you owe me an apology -- at least.
>>
>> b.
>>

> Brian I apologize I'm not suggesting YOU are using illegal streaming
> services, if I'm honest I've seen you fly of the handle before and was
> pulling your strings hoping for a reaction and I got one :)
>
> It's probably wrong but in my opinion Kodi is so popular because of all
> the illegal content you can get with it. Difficult to reach any other
> conclusion when you look at all the Tube videos telling users how to set it
> up to do just that?
>
> FWIW I agree with you on the FE. It was state of the art 10 years ago with
> commercial detection, fast jumping within recordings, time stretch etc but
> has failed to keep up and should be retired.
>

> Paul H.

The Beauty of Kodi (Not that I use it, I run native mythtv frontend
everywhere) is you can run it on any platform ( be it raspberry pi,
Windows, Mac, Xbox,etc ) would love to see native mythtv back on Windows
and also an Xbox Port.

Kodi is fine for video collections but is lacking for recorded TV episodes
in my opinion.

Cheers,

Anthony