[mythtv-users] EOL for MythArchive, MythZoneminder, MythBrowser and MythMusic Re: linking mythtv with zoneminder live view

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Mar 25 12:18:03 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-03-25 at 11:29 +0100, John Pilkington wrote:

> April 1 ?

Lame if it is.  It is not April 1 yet.  It's not an April Fool's "joke"
if it's done before April 1.  Sure, you can (privately) prepare for an
April Fool's joke ahead of time, but I don't think it's fair to be
starting to raise a ruckus with people for/about it ahead of time.

Where does it end?  Can I announce in June that "in some number of
months from now, [something shocking]".  Oh gotcha!  Next April Fool's!

Not that I would care about any of this.  I jumped to Kodi years ago.

Tried to use the Myth PVR plugin there for a while but it is/was buggy.

Did some hacks to rename MythBE recorded files to "title: subtitle" as
post-recording jobs so that Kodi could just scan the files in the
storage directories directly and not have to use any plugin, but now am
currently using Emby as a backend to Kodi with MythBE doing nothing
more than recording files and then handing them over to Emby (i.e.
moving them to a dir for Emby to index and provide to Kodi) in a post-
recording job.

Cheers,
b.