[mythtv-users] Enter key and LIRC on latest master

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 19:54:51 UTC 2018

> Wiadomość napisana przez Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> w dniu 22.03.2018, o godz. 14:57:
>
> Piotr wrote
>
> i just build current master and can't get working my mce ir remote for key 'Enter'. In current master 'Enter' works from kayboard - but not from remote. For me looks like commit 5f9ddd6 not works well with lirc input method....
> probably 5c4dffb is better candidate to investigate my lirc 'enter' issue. Can anybody else verify - is current master working ok with lirc input where given ir key is mapped to KEY=Enter in lircrc?
>

> Hi Piotr
>
> On the frontend, please run Setup -> Edit Keys. Look for context "Long Press", action LONGPRESS1. Remove the enter key from there.
>
> I will change master so that for future installs, "Enter" is not setup as a long press key by default. People will have to manually add it if they want to use a long press on Enter, on keyboards or remotes that support it.
>
> See https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13234#comment:20 for details.

Peter,

thx.
indeed this helps!

btw:
I see You are doing great work on usability of FE.

Many of mm2 users including me (and all those I converted from kodi to mythtv) are missing following functionality:

kodi has nice feature for browsing list of recordings:  when user is on title with multiple episodes, right arrow on such title displays list of all episodes of this title.
This behavior is like virtually browsing directories tree where dir is title and within dir we have episodes.
This is IMHO very nice feature.

myth has already option to show all episodes of given title so implementing such functionality is just discover in PBB that selection is on title and call „list recorded episodes” when right arrow is pressed. IMHO such way of browsing for given episode will be much more convenient than today’s way (pressing M and select „„list recorded episodes””).

what you think?