[mythtv-users] Complication(s) with display upgrade - need help

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at randomstring.org
Tue Mar 20 14:50:59 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 11:22:02PM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> I don't know if the 4k display resolution is seen as a current target, or
> one for the future, but I, as an amateur, would expect that to need a
> significant frontend upgrade.

FWIW, I think the lowest-spec reasonable choice for that is an
Nvidia 1030GT, which was around $100 a few months ago but
currently seems to be $120+.

I can attest that a 1030GT works very well for MythTV on a 4K TV set,
with smooth upscaling of 1080i and 1080p content and reasonable playback
of mid-bitrate native 4K content. I have it plugged into an AMD
Athlon x640.

-dsr-