[mythtv-users] IPTV recorder seems broken -- large jumpy files

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 02:16:23 UTC 2018

> Hi Greg,
>
> Do you know c++?  If you want a full c++ example of writing an external
> recorder, you can look at https://github.com/jpoet/HauppaugeUSB .  That
> is for the Colossus2 which uses usb, but you could replace that part with
> some ffmpeg code.
>
> That being said, I would not mind seeing what Brian came up with for
> ffmpeg.  There are times when such an interface would be useful.
>
> John

> i would like to see this also, as i have hls streams that myth iptv won't
> open but ffmpeg can open and record. i installed tvheadend solely to deal
> with those links. it would be great to incorporate ffmpeg into a recorder
> in myth.

I do have some experience in C++ but my main languages are Objective C,
Swift, and C#...

I did make a down and Dirty Bash script which is working... Obviously I
have no flow control as MythTV requests, but I haven't seen it use it yet
so it may not ever hit a condition where flow control is necessary. Here is
the pastebin if your interested... Comments / Suggestions welcome...

https://pastebin.com/3dEKNfHa

-Greg