[mythtv-users] v0.28 and SystemEvents

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:34:43 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 4:42 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On 16/03/18 15:59, Greg Oliver wrote:
>

> ​Well that was short lived :)
>
> on the code I pulled,
>
> [greg at yoga mythtv]$ grep -ri cmdrecfinished *
> mythtv/libs/libmythtv/mythsystemevent.cpp:    m_settings["EventCmdRecFinished"]
> = // REC_FINISHED
> mythtv/programs/mythbackend/config_backend_general.xml:
> value="EventCmdRecFinished" label="Recording finished"
> mythtv/programs/mythbackend/config_backend_general.xml:
> help_text="EventCmdRecFinished"
>
> I have no clue how to match ​m_settings["EventCmdRecFinished"]          =
>
> :)
>
> ​to something useful.  I am no programmer, but can usually read
> non-obfuscated (shout out to the perl monks :) code, but this I cannot
> follow..  oh well.  I guess I will chnage it to a user job and be done with
> it..​
>

> Copy paste from about a dozen lines above in mythsystemevent.cpp:
>     // Event names are programmatically converted to settings names in
>     // EventNameToSetting().  For convenience of searching the code
>     // base, the event names are listed in comments.
>     m_settings["EventCmdRecFinished"]          = // REC_FINISHED
>         tr("Recording finished");
>
> Has the execute bit / permissions been checked on the intermediate
> directories of your script? What is the output of something like:
> dir=/12TB/mythtv/; while [ "$dir" != "/" ]; do ls -ald $dir; dir=`dirname
> $dir`; done

​Yeah, actually /12TB/mythtv/recordings ​is where I currently record to..
My channel change script is in the same location, so...

​Thanks for pointing out the comment - I could have swore I read the whole
file, but now that I look at it, I assumed REC_FINISHED was after a
comment!  I'll dig some more now.​