[mythtv-users] v0.28 and SystemEvents

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 09:42:00 UTC 2018

On 16/03/18 15:59, Greg Oliver wrote:

​Well that was short lived :)

on the code I pulled,

[greg at yoga mythtv]$ grep -ri cmdrecfinished *
mythtv/libs/libmythtv/mythsystemevent.cpp:    m_settings["EventCmdRecFinished"]          = // REC_FINISHED
mythtv/programs/mythbackend/config_backend_general.xml:         value="EventCmdRecFinished" label="Recording finished"
mythtv/programs/mythbackend/config_backend_general.xml:         help_text="EventCmdRecFinished"

I have no clue how to match ​m_settings["EventCmdRecFinished"]          =

:)

​to something useful.  I am no programmer, but can usually read non-obfuscated (shout out to the perl monks :) code, but this I cannot follow..  oh well.  I guess I will chnage it to a user job and be done with it..​

Copy paste from about a dozen lines above in mythsystemevent.cpp:
    // Event names are programmatically converted to settings names in
    // EventNameToSetting().  For convenience of searching the code
    // base, the event names are listed in comments.
    m_settings["EventCmdRecFinished"]          = // REC_FINISHED
        tr("Recording finished");

Has the execute bit / permissions been checked on the intermediate directories of your script? What is the output of something like:
dir=/12TB/mythtv/; while [ "$dir" != "/" ]; do ls -ald $dir; dir=`dirname $dir`; done