[mythtv-users] v0.28 and SystemEvents

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 05:10:12 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 11:45 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/15/2018 10:31 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
>>  >| EventCmdRecFinished  | /12TB/mythtv/mythlink.sh "%CHANID%"
>> "%STARTTIME%"
>>  >| backend-0 |
>>  >
>>  >I restarted the backend (and frontend since I provisioned it from
>> there),
>>  >and it is not taking effect.
>>

> Works for me in 30-pre too. If you provisioned it from the frontend,
> I'd have expected the hostname to be that of the frontend too (so the
> guess would be that the FE is on hostname backend-0.) In any case, when
> I tested, I used mythtv-setup to add EventCmdRecFinished.

​Yes, the backend is also the FE for this TV.

​[root at backend-0 ~]# su - greg -c 'touch /12TB/mythtv/123.test'
​
-rw-rw-r--. 1 greg greg 0 Mar 16 00:03 /12TB/mythtv/123.test

​so no need to do the permissions rain dance..  I'm a long time unix user,
so I get all that, but there must be something I have jacked up somewhere
in the mythconverg database.  I guess it might be best to jusy keep my
recorded tables and start over - I damn sure cannot find it :( ​

I just pulled the git sources and am going to make sure I cannot find a
property I inadvertently set off or something.

One thing thsat irks me is that I know mythTV as a whole is trying to
simplify settings, but at the same timew there are several settingfs I have
set which are no longfer in the GUI, but in the tables, still gave
meaning...  I just do not get that...???  Oh well, enough ranting..  I am
digging through sources now..  Thanks for the input though.