[mythtv-users] v0.28 and SystemEvents

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 04:45:56 UTC 2018

On 03/15/2018 10:31 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>  >| EventCmdRecFinished  | /12TB/mythtv/mythlink.sh "%CHANID%" "%STARTTIME%"
>  >| backend-0 |
>  >
>  >I restarted the backend (and frontend since I provisioned it from there),
>  >and it is not taking effect.

Works for me in 30-pre too. If you provisioned it from the frontend,
I'd have expected the hostname to be that of the frontend too (so the
guess would be that the FE is on hostname backend-0.) In any case, when
I tested, I used mythtv-setup to add EventCmdRecFinished.

Didn't want to stop my backend, so used: mythutil --clearcache. Your
backend restart is just as good.

Got two entries in my BE log with just general logging. You could do
mythbackend --setverbose system:debug, but it shouldn't be necessary.

I have seen cases there the 1st line wasn't #!/bin/{ba}sh and for that matter,
cases where the shebang didn't start on the very 1st character of the file.

--
Bill