[mythtv-users] v0.28 and SystemEvents

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:32:44 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 5:22 AM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 00:28:49 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Long ago (a couple years back anyway :)
> >
> >I used to use System Events (playback{start,stop,pause} to pop the
> >mythfrontend process into elevated cgroups while playing recordings.
> >
> >With systemd, I just assign it and leave it nowadays.
> >
> >I just tried to setup an event for RecordingFinished :
> >
> >| EventCmdRecFinished  | /12TB/mythtv/mythlink.sh "%CHANID%" "%STARTTIME%"
> >| backend-0 |
> >
> >I restarted the backend (and frontend since I provisioned it from there),
> >and it is not taking effect.
> >
> >Before I deleted the playback events I used, my logs were full of the
> >events with no extra logging turned on.  I have not used them since 0.27
> >probably, but this is driving me nuts.
> >
> >Anyone use these that could tell me I am doing something stupid somewhere?
> >I do not remember a tick box anywhere to turn them on or off (nor can I
> >find one)..  There is nothing logged at all post recording.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >-Greg
>
> I am getting EventCmdRecFinished calls to my Python program correctly
> in v29:
>
> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where value like
> 'EventCmdRecF%';
> +---------------------+-------------------------------------
> -----+----------+
> | value               | data                                     |
> hostname |
> +---------------------+-------------------------------------
> -----+----------+
> | EventCmdRecFinished | /usr/local/bin/mythsgu event RecFinished | mypvr
> +---------------------+-------------------------------------
> -----+----------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> Mar 15 22:39:00 mypvr mythbackend: mythbackend[31016]: I CoreContext
> mythsystemevent.cpp:308 (customEvent) MythSystemEventHandler: Starting
> thread for command '/usr/local/bin/mythsgu event RecFinished'
> Mar 15 22:39:00 mypvr mythbackend: mythbackend[31016]: W SystemEvent
> mythsystemevent.cpp:55 (run) MythSystemEventHandler: Finished
> '/usr/local/bin/mythsgu event RecFinished' result 126
>
> Are the permissions right on /12TB/mythtv/mythlink.sh?

​Yep:

-rwxrwxr-x  1 greg greg     195 Mar 14 23:12 mythlink.sh

(mythbackend runs as greg)

greg     14657  0.7  1.6 6556176 202248 ?      Ssl  00:04   7:03
/usr/bin/mythbackend --logpath /var/log/mythtv --verbose commflag

Like I said, I have used this in the past without issues, but it is not
playing nice now for some reason.  The logs show nothing when a recording
finishes where they used to in 0.25 -> 0.27 when I imagine I used it last.

I'll upgrade tonight to 0.29 and see if it clears up - I have been meaning
to anyhow.

Thanks for confirming yours works.​​