[mythtv-users] No live tv and not recording

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Mar 13 16:05:28 UTC 2018

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 16:52:45 +0100, you wrote:

>Receiving german tv by the web is only allowed and possible in Germany. It's
>only possible in other countries in using a VPN and I have no VPN.
>
>So be sure vlc does not receive tv by the web.
>
>I use a playlist you can dowload at localhost:22000, it contains entries like
>
>#EXTINF:-1 tvg-logo="http://sundtek.de/picons/?g=3sat",3sat
>#EXTVLCOPT:network-caching=1000
>http://localhost:22000/stream/3sat
>
>#EXTINF:-1 tvg-logo="http://sundtek.de/picons/?g=ARD%2Dalpha",ARD-alpha
>#EXTVLCOPT:network-caching=1000
>http://localhost:22000/stream/ARD%2Dalpha
>
>So vlc cannot help me. Even when I use "Media -Open capture device" and tv
>works, the LNB fields in advanced options are empty.
>
>Klaus

The localhost address is 127.0.0.1 - it is local to that PC and hence
must be being provided by something on that PC.  So you need to find
out what software is providing IPTV via localhost:22000, presumably by
using your DVB-S2 tuners.  This command should tell you:

sudo netstat -pa | grep 22000

Then you need to find the LNB settings that are being used by that
software.