[mythtv-users] No live tv and not recording

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Tue Mar 13 15:44:22 UTC 2018

Le mercredi 14 mars 2018, 04:03:00 CET Stephen Worthington a écrit :
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 03:37:29 +1300, you wrote:
> >The frequency being out of range suggests that you do not have the LNB
> >settings right.  As I said, if you are using VLC to play TV from the
> >tuners, it must have valid LNB settings somewhere.  So have a look in
> >your setup for it and see if you can find the values.  How are you
> >using VLC with the tuners?  Are you using command line settings, or
> >the GUI?  What settings are you using?
>
> I just dug into my version of VLC on Linux to see where the LNB
> settings are.  They are well hidden.  To find them, from the menu go
> to Tools > Preferences.  At the bottom left of the window, find the
> "Show settings" box and click on "All".  Then go to Input / Codecs >
> Access Modules > DTV to bring up the "Digital Television and Radio"
> settings page.  Use the scroll bar to scroll that window all the way
> to the bottom to see the "Satellite Equipment Control" settings. Those
> are the ones that control the LNB and DiSEqC.

Hi Stephen,

I already found this page to which you can access more simply by
- Media - Open a capture device
- Digital TV
- Advanced Options.

But as I explained in last email, I don't need to use this way beacause I use
a server from sundtek.com and their playlists.

So in my vlc, the fields for LNB settings are not set.

Bye

Klaus