[mythtv-users] DiSEqCDevTree: No device tree for cardid 1

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 00:33:33 UTC 2018

On 10 March 2018 8:47:29 am Klaus Becker <colonius at free.fr> wrote:

Hi,

Christian Marillat from deb-multimedia.org gave me the hint to do "apt purge" for mythtv and mysql to rebegin everything from the scratch. So I did, then I reinstalled all.

But now when I want to configure my antenna and choose LNB, there is no scan possible and when I verify the configuration of my dvb card, it always shows me "Unconnected". I tried several times, my choice "LNB" is always lost.

The message in the shell:

2018-03-09 22:34:37.682928 I  Locking input devices
2018-03-09 22:34:37.682938 N  Suspending idle timer
2018-03-09 22:34:37.765272 I  Unlocking input devices
2018-03-09 22:34:37.765300 N  Resuming idle timer
2018-03-09 22:34:43.186432 I  VBox: Using UPNP to search for Vboxes (3 secs)
2018-03-09 22:34:46.519246 W  DiSEqCDevTree: No device tree for cardid 1
2018-03-09 22:34:46.520252 W  DiSEqCDevTree: No device tree for cardid 1

And so on.

It is not the first time I have this issue. Sometimes the choice LNB is lost, sometimes it is kept.

As I already told, this morning after system start, suddenly it worked and I could do a scan. Now I tried to restart my computer, but it does not help.

I found several hints on the web to resolve the issue, but nothing works for me.

Cheers

klaus

Two generic items that may assist:
1) IIUC some of the setup screens expect you to go through all the subscreens / next / etc with changes saved at the very end. If you (say) go to screen 3/11, make a change then escape / previous / left arrow out your changes may not be saved (note - this may have been changed with the recent rework of some of the setup screens).
2) The default BE shutdown and startup commands may not be correct for your distro (particularly if you have compiled from source) or your BE / mythtv-setup user may not have permission to run those commands. IIRC if you chose the popup option to stop the BE on entry to mythtv-setup and the command fails there is no visible notification of that fact. This may mean that changes are not being applied when you think they are or until you shutdown / restart the machine. Manually stopping the BE before starting mythtv-setup may assist.