[mythtv-users] Seektable for videos not recognised

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Mar 9 15:45:26 UTC 2018

On 09/03/18 15:14, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 03/09/2018 05:12 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 08/03/18 22:33, John Pilkington wrote:
>>> Hi;  I've been doing some tests that involve playing TS files derived
>>> from DVB-T2 HD h264 recordings scanned into a video directory.
>>>
>>> The frontend plays them ok, and 'mythcommflag --rebuild --video
>>> <filename>' appears to be reading and processing the file, but the
>>> playback OSD reports 'No seektable.'  Skipping is hesitant and I
>>> can't use the editor.
>>>
>>> I thought this used to work.  Any comments or suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> John P
>>
>> This was https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10804
>>
>> I'll browse around that.
>>

> It should work on TS files that were recorded on MythTV. If you have
> h265 files or mkv files they will appear to be processing but actually
> do not create a seek table. I spent some time looking at the possibility
> of fixing this, but it requires parse routines to find key frames, and
> these have only been written for TS files that are MPEG2 or H264. ffmpeg
> apis are not reliable in finding key frames unless you are decoding the
> video, and that would be too slow for the rebuild program.
>
> Peter

They are files that have been through an 'mythffmpeg -i infile.ts
-map...  -copy... outfile.ts' process, and when presented as a recording
the --rebuild process works.  I just wanted to try different options
without having to regenerate all the initial file attributes before
trying again.. and again... and again...  So I think it's the link from
videomarkup? to the OSD that seems to be missing.

John