[mythtv-users] Seektable for videos not recognised

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:14:22 UTC 2018

On 03/09/2018 05:12 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 08/03/18 22:33, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Hi;  I've been doing some tests that involve playing TS files derived
>> from DVB-T2 HD h264 recordings scanned into a video directory.
>>
>> The frontend plays them ok, and 'mythcommflag --rebuild --video
>> <filename>' appears to be reading and processing the file, but the
>> playback OSD reports 'No seektable.'  Skipping is hesitant and I
>> can't use the editor.
>>
>> I thought this used to work.  Any comments or suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John P
>
> This was https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10804
>
> I'll browse around that.

It should work on TS files that were recorded on MythTV. If you have
h265 files or mkv files they will appear to be processing but actually
do not create a seek table. I spent some time looking at the possibility
of fixing this, but it requires parse routines to find key frames, and
these have only been written for TS files that are MPEG2 or H264. ffmpeg
apis are not reliable in finding key frames unless you are decoding the
video, and that would be too slow for the rebuild program.

Peter