[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR2 / Colossus2 support

James Purl jamesp at mzrfzr.com
Thu Mar 8 22:25:10 UTC 2018

John,

My use case is component + SPDIF w/AC-3 5.1 and I have an HD-PVR 2 157320
as well.  I am using stereo RCA audio for the time being, but are you
saying the Colossus2 supports component + SPDIF (AC-3 5.1) currently?  I
know that you indicated on the github site that component + S/PDIF 5.1 was
possible once you work out how you did it before.

Also, I may have another patch for your code for use with (myth|u)buntu as
integrating it with MythTV hasn't worked for me--I know at least one issue
is that the default mythtv-backend invocation passes a "syslog" parameter
that causes hauppauge2 to spit out the help text instead of going into
mythtv ExternalRecorder mode. I was going to patch your code to accept, but
silently ignore, that option for the time being. FWIW, I'm using
manually-built packages based on Mythbuntu fixes/0.29 code (after pulling
in a new enough commit of MythTV).

James Purl - *jamesp at mzrfzr.com <jamesp at mzrfzr.com>*