[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Thu Mar 8 21:10:24 UTC 2018

Le dimanche 4 mars 2018, 13:14:39 CET Barry Martin a écrit :
> Hi Klaus!

Hi Martin and everybody.

I tried Mythbuntu and LINHES, nothing works for me. So I returned to Debian
Stretch I use every day.

I succeeded to resolve the locale problem by putting
export LC_ALL="fr_FR.UTF-8"
In ~/.bash_profile.

Now I have:

$ locale
LANG=fr_FR.utf8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=fr_FR.UTF-8

Before the excellent programm cherrytree would no more start because of the
locale problem, now it works again.

But mythtv-setup still says :
This application expects to be running a locale that specifies a UTF-8
codeset, and many features may behave improperly with your current language
settings. Please set the LANG variable(s) in the environment in which this
program is executed to include a UTF-8 codeset (such as 'en_US.UTF-8').
Setting QT default locale to fr_FR

But I think it's a bug of mythtv ?? There is no more problem with my locale
settings I think.

I just had a curious behavior:

For the first time since a long time, mythtv-setup began a scan and found
channels. But then suddenly the signal strenght was zero and then even after
excuting mythfilldatabase, in mythfrontend I cannot watch tv.

I found the error message
"DVBChan[1](/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0): Your frequency setting (2768000) is
out of range. (min/max:925000/2175000)"

But I gave the frequency 10714000 khz that I found for Astra 19.2E (Gremany)
and that worked in the beginning for me. It seems that the setup first
accepted 10714000 khz (and worked) and then it jumped to 2768000 khz and there
was no more signal.

Can anybody understand that ? I cannot.

Nice evening

Klaus