[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Thu Mar 8 11:44:29 UTC 2018

Le Wednesday, 7 March 2018 17:06:02 CET, vous avez écrit :
> On 2018-03-07 10:31 AM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> > Le Sunday, 4 March 2018 23:23:33 CET, vous avez écrit :
> >> On 2018-03-04 07:33 AM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> > Hi Geoff and all who answered me,

> > Nevertheless I shall try with Zap, but it's not so easy too.
>
> It has been a while since I used the zap utilities! The instructions are
> sometimes vague But it is worth it to know that your hardware works
> properly: you can stream output to a file, and then play that file, with
> vlc or mplayer or whatever.
>

> Geoff

Ghi Geoff and all,

mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
Works, but the channel changes each time and I don't know where it takes the
channels from and how to choose the channel I want to regard.

Otherwise I created a channel.conf with "w_scan -f s -s S19E2 -c DE".

I can verify the signal strength for ex with

"szap -r 'KIKA;ZDFvision'",

But I cannot record with
"$ szap -o file 'KIKA;ZDFvision'", it tells me
"szap: invalid option -- 'o'
reading channels from file '/home/klaus/.szap/channels.conf'
channel not found."

However I found this at https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Zap.

"szap -i" does not work either.

How to use szap to record a channel?