[mythtv-users] HDMI audio change

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Mar 7 21:32:38 UTC 2018

On 07/03/18 20:38, Preston Crow wrote:

>>> Has anyone had any success on this problem. I still have no audio via
>>> HDMI and I do not really know where to go with the troubleshooting.
>> I was never able to solve this problem when it happened to me.
>>
>> When I was using my Zotac with NVIDIA ION and it happened, I had to
>> reload the OS on the front end. There is something goofy with NVIDIA
>> drivers in my opinion.
>>
>> I stopped using the Zotac as it bit me a couple of times and I
>> switched to using an AMD/ATI processor using the open source amdgpu
>> driver using VDPAU within mythtv.
>>
> I'm running on an Ion motherboard, and I just recently switched to HDMI
> audio, and have had no problems with it yet.  I'm running with the
> Nouveau drivers, which are working great for me.  I was very frustrated
> with it not working initially until I realized I had to unmute the
> output.  My only issue now is that I can't do H.265 high-res video at
> full speed, but I have very few of those files.

Usually my NVidia HDMI audio works ok now, but it still boots in HDMI2
audio mode which fails on starting playback of some possibly malformed
files.

I discovered that the change in my intel HDA audio came from a BIOS
update needed to boot kernel 4.14.5.  I changed that setting and am now
told that I have simultaneous audio output on both systems,  but the HDA
still doesn't work.  I see occasional popups telling me about
spontaneous reconfigurations...

I don't remember seeing which NVidia driver you have. Maybe revert?

John