[mythtv-users] HDMI audio change

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 20:28:45 UTC 2018

>> GeForce GT 710 with GK 708 audio subsystem, video driver 390.25,
>> 4.15.4-200.fc26.x86_64
>>
>> dmesg | grep -i nvidia shows HDMI/DP, pcm=3 and 7, as cardd0/inputs 7 and 8
>>
>> dmesg | grep -i hda shows a vga switcheroo audio client...
>>
>> HDMI stereo works but defaults to HDMI2 mode and fails on start of playback
>> of some files.  Usually recovers on setting to plain HDMI
>
> Has anyone had any success on this problem. I still have no audio via
> HDMI and I do not really know where to go with the troubleshooting.

I was never able to solve this problem when it happened to me.

When I was using my Zotac with NVIDIA ION and it happened, I had to reload the OS on the front end. There is something goofy with NVIDIA drivers in my opinion.

I stopped using the Zotac as it bit me a couple of times and I switched to using an AMD/ATI processor using the open source amdgpu driver using VDPAU within mythtv.

Regards,

jrh