[mythtv-users] Live TV source question

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Mon Mar 5 22:56:18 UTC 2018

I have a MythTv box with one HdPvr capture box and one Silicon Dust
HdHomerun box.  Under certain conditions, when selecting "Watch TV", it
blinks "Please Wait" and returns to  the menu (takes about 1/2 second).
Apparently, it thinks there are no inputs left, when there are actually
several.

If we watch live TV on the HdPvr, then exit, it keeps a record of the
last source we watched, which was the HdPvr.  This is good; if we select
live TV again, it will return to the HdPvr (same source, same channel).
Then a few minutes after exiting live TV, the scheduler starts recording
on the HdPvr.  Now we attempt to watch live TV, expecting it to use the
antenna on the HdHomerun.  But, it blinks "Please Wait".

After some experimenting, it looks like it compares the last-watched
source to the available inputs on that source, and fails.  This is
correct for that source, but there are other sources.  Is there a way to
have it look for the other sources?

Don

PS - The available sources are:

Tuner 1 [HDPVR: /dev/video0]