[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Sun Mar 4 11:13:57 UTC 2018

Le samedi 3 mars 2018, 10:27:28 CET Barry Martin a écrit :
> Re: [mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase
> From:	Barry Martin <barry3martin at gmail.com>
> To:	mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Date:	Hier 17:27
> Hi Klaus!
>
> Your "the error seems to be 'No channels are configured to use grabber'"
> is probably correct.  Of course the thing is figuring out where.  I
> think your "the grabber" is going to be the German equivalent of here in
> the U.S. SchedulesDirect. I'll admit to being a little more confused as
> it appears your e-mail in French-based and the error messages are
> partially in French.
>
> > I got a digital antenna and I want to watch german televison. I have a
> > dreambox that works, but it does not work with MythTV.
> >
> > Channel scan works, but I cannot regard televison. There is a problem with
>
> > mythfilldatabase. I telles me:
> I think you're confusing two different things,   and don't get worried:
> we all were newbies and had to learn.  I'm an amateur and answering to
> try to be able to bridge some of the more complex and detailed answers
> the others will respond with.   "Channel scan" is for watching Live TV
> and I don't think has anything to do your mythfilldatabase problem.
> ...Well, maybe.
>
> Mythfilldatabase can obtain its information two ways.  One is from
> "EIT", which is the programming information provided by the TV stations
> in their live over-the-air signal.  Here in the U.S. sometimes data for
> only the next three or four hours, sometimes for a period of time up to
> the next day or two (24 to 48 hours).  The other way to obtain
> programming data is via SchedulesDirect, though that's U.S.-only, no
> idea what the European version is.
>
> One quirk (oddity) I noticed when I was playing here with EIT is there
> is a setting (configuration) which will have the tuner do nothing but
> detect the EIT data; it won't be able to be used as a tuner.  Elsewhere
> in MythTV that tuner will always appear as 'busy'.  (This paragraph does
> and does not have anything to do with your current problem; I'm just
> trying to point out a potential problem.)
>
> > $ mythfilldatabase
> > 2018-03-03 12:40:42.466101 C  mythfilldatabase version: fixes/0.28
> > [8238e839c9]www.mythtv.org
> > 2018-03-03 12:40:42.466118 C  Qt version: compile: 5.7.1, runtime: 5.7.1
> > 2018-03-03 12:40:42.466123 N  Enabled verbose msgs:  general
>
> Somewhat how to read these things:  year - month - date
> time_to_ididy-bitty_seconds.  Next column is more helpful when looking
> for errors:  "C" I think is 'comment', 'N' for 'notification', "I" for
> "information'.  'W; for 'warning', "E" for 'error'.
>
> > 2018-03-03 12:40:42.478733 I  Assumed character encoding: fr_FR.utf8
> > 2018-03-03 12:40:42.478751 W  This application expects to be running a
> > locale that specifies a UTF-8 codeset, and many features may behave
> > improperly with your current language settings. Please set the LC_ALL or
> [...]

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your answer.

My native language is german, but I live in France since a long time.

So if I understand you well, regarding live tv should be possible even if
there is a problem with mythfilldatabase ?

In this case I will first try to get live tv working, and than recording.

http://www.epgdata.com/ is commercial and this should not be necessary. I also
have a dreambox and it works without any commercial service. (I want to
replace the dreambox by mythtv because the box is buggy).

I tried a channel scan with a free grabber for Europe, but the result is the
same: the scan works, I get a liste of hundreds of channels, but I cannot
regard any.

I do not really understand if a grabber is necessary to watch tv. The french
mythtv site recommands to choose no grabber in setup.

My channel list is at
http://supplement.xmltv.org/tv_grab_eu_epgdata/channel_ids

When I choose "watch tv", nothing happens. When I try to record tv, I see the
channel list, but impossible to watch or record any.

I started mythfrontend in a shell and I have the error message

"It appears that your backend may be misconfigured.  Check your backend logs
to determine whether your inputs, lineups, channels, or storage configuration
are reporting errors.  This issue is commonly caused by failing to complete
all setup steps properly.  You may wish to review the documentation for
mythtv-setup."

I rebegan mythtv-setup step for step, I cannot see what is wrong.

I shall review the documentation, but perhaps you have an idea about the
mistake ?

Cheers

Klaus