[mythtv-users] mythtv-status init

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Sat Jun 30 13:45:02 UTC 2018

On 29/06/18 16:09, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> Well, I have put a 20-mythtv-status-local file with

[ snipped script ]

> in /etc/update-motd.d, and I have a mythtv-status information again
> after login.
>
> Maybe you should keep the cron job but only for status mails (conflicts
> for example).

I assume your Myth backend is running 24/7? Doesn't this slow down the
log-in process, as mythtv-status takes a couple of seconds to run?

I think I would find this annoying on my system, which shuts down when
not recording, as until the myth-backend process is fully up,
mythtv-status takes considerably longer to error out.

If the above is correct, then, the advantage with the cron job, is at
least it doesn't delay the log-in process.

Regards

Jeff